Monday 8 December 2008

Inspiration: G2 Supplement





I brought the Guardian with the G2 supplement today and on the cover of the G2 supplement was this really amazing title design of a Christmas Tree that reads, "Thrifty Christmas". Its done using card and really good lighting to bring out the color of the paper stock, using curling and I imagine some glue to stick it down on the canvas. Really inspirational.

Also came with todays issue was this Wrapping paper design by Yoko Ono (Lennons Widow), to which I was shocked and horrored at. I am an avid follower of modernist style type design, however this was rather uninventive to the eye. maybe I'm not getting "the point" but it just doesn't seem christmassy, it doesn't say anything other than "imagine" and "peace" and other words in other languages... I'm guessing related to a similar topic and theme. I don't know... what a contrast between 2 pieces of design from the same newspaper on the same day.

No comments: