Thursday 23 October 2008

Bruno Maag, Liverpool Design Symposium




Right so, went to see Bruno Maag a Typographer originally from Switzerland who was doing a lecture in Liverpool. 'We' being Jimmy, Claire, Nicky, Daisy, Matty, Bel and I travelled across the shoulders of Britain, which was good fun. We set off at 11 am ish and got there about 1 which is pretty good I suppose. The weather was weird, it looked like it was going to let loose on us but never did.

Here are some photo's I took;




Outside the square where the lecture was being held.





The Albert Dock.




The Tate in Liverpool, well... round the corner from it.

All in all, it was a wicked day out. The city was completely different from what I had imagined it would be, I heard lots of negative things about it but I realise now it was a complete misconception. I'm even thinking of looking for a job there perhaps at some point in my career!

Also, here is a video I uploaded onto Youtube of the lecture, it's only the first few minutes but still pretty cool. I took a another video but it takes ages to upload anything on Youtube, I just lost patience.



Thats all for now.

No comments: